Welcome Class of 2018!
Ms. Roche's contact information: email@example.com
(Please use your only your school gmail account to contact me)
Photo Caption: Let your 8th grade adventure begin!
(Photo from my summer trip flying to Iceland and Ireland.)
Directions to Access On-line Text:
2. Log in using username and password
3. Choose the Discovering Our Past: A History of the United States
4. Choose Chapter number and Lesson #
5. Click the GO button
Smaller Class Assignments/Current Events: 20%
Larger Class Assignments: 40%
From September - June please bring the following with you each class:
1. Social Studies notebook
2. pen or pencil
5. Your questions, curiosity, skills, and your kind, polite, and respectuful self.
1. Wait quietly in our hall until Class Welcomer invites you in.
2. Do your job when you come into class
3. Follow directions on smart board when you come in.
4. Please wait to ask questions till AFTER class starts.Becuase your questions are important wait 2 minutes for class to start; then your classmates will benefit from your question/s.
5. I'll dismiss you, not the bell, so please stay seated until you are dismissed
1. Be kind, polite and respectuful to each other so we can all learn together.
2. Always clean up after yourself and your desk mates.
3. Keep your hands, and any words you would not want said to you, to yourself.
Thoughts on rules:
1. A good place to learn needs safety. People feel safe when they can share their ideas, thoughts and comments etc. without the fear of being wrong or being made fun of. We are all human and make mistakes.
2. If you make mistakes during the school year, make it better by owning it right away and apologize.
Keep it simple:
"I'm sorry, forgive me for ____________ (taking your pencil or being unkind when I said...)
3. No Drama Zone from September - June! I'm not joking. This is a classroom please remember this ALWAYS in all ways.
4. Tell the truth right away! Why? Because the truth always matters!
Students know when they misbehave and so does everyone else in the room. There will be no arguments in class about a students' behavior. Simply, take responsibility for your actions and move on. Phone calls and emails will always be made home to parents/gurdians when a student decides to misbehave in our Social Studies Classroom.
*Please find your classroom on the left side of the screen.