16 years of experience as an educator, LPES since 2006
Major (1) – Elementary Education
Concentration- Special Education
Major (2) – Psychology
- New Jersey Elementary School Teacher
- Teacher of the Handicapped
- Highly Qualified in Language Arts
I am a parent of two young children and certainly understand the joys, demands, and responsibilities of parenthood. I want your child to come into my classroom with a smile and more importantly leave my room with a SMILE each day. I try to balance fun activities in a structured environment where my students have clear set academic and behavior expectations. My students should feel a sense of comfort and safety being in my classroom. They will feel confident, respected, and accepted in our classroom. I consider it of prime importance that you be an active part of your child's education. I consider it a great privilege and responsibility to be your child's first grade teacher this year, and look forward to working with each of you.
Welcome to Room #7!
- Homework will be given Monday through Thursday. Expect to see a Math, Spelling, and a Reading worksheet each night. Homework is given to reinforce the skills taught daily. It would be helpful if you sit with your child to ensure that he or she is completing it properly. Please encourage your child to do his or her best work. If you notice they are having trouble with a particular concept, please don’t hesitate to jot me a note or email so I can follow-up during class.
- A test folder will be sent home on a bi-weekly basis. All tests will be sent home in this folder. Please keep your child's assessment and sign/date folder. Please also check genesis.
- Our lunchtime is 11:53-12:33. Please be sure that your child knows what their lunch plans are at the beginning of each day. Lunch count is taken first thing in the morning. It would also be helpful if money is sent in via envelope, zip bag, or wallet so it isn’t lost. The menu is accessible on the school website.
- Please send in one form of a healthy snack (fruit, vegetable, yogurt, cheese, pretzels, etc.) and a drink to be eaten in the afternoon. Make sure your child knows what their extra snack/drink is so that everything isn’t eaten during lunch. Don’t forget utensils if needed.
- If buying lunch, snack is not provided for the afternoon, so be sure to send in something extra to help your child make it through the afternoon.
Thursday-PHYSICAL EDUCATION (Wear your sneakers)
Friday- (W1-Comp., W2-Art, W3-PE, W4-Music)
- Birthday treats can be sent in to celebrate your child’s birthday. Please let me know in advance so we can make sure we don’t have more than one treat on the same day. All treats should be the same so that the children do not become upset about what color or flavor they receive. Some treat ideas are munchkins, cookies, mini cupcakes, Rice Krispie treats, and brownies. Make sure to send in paper products as well. If you are having a birthday party outside of school, invitations can only be passed out in school if everyone is invited or just boys/just girls.
- We have small celebrations for various parties throughout the year. Room representatives will be chosen for each class. Those representatives handle all of the parties and will be asking for donations from families. We appreciate your generosity!
Scholastic Book Clubs
- We will generally order books once a month or every other month. Please send checks only made out to “Scholastic Book Clubs”.
- If you are interested in being a Mystery Reader in our class, please let me know.
- I’m available for a conference (if necessary) before school from 8:30-8:45. Please call or write with your concerns. My email is email@example.com I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I am available.