My name is Karen Gabel and I just completed my 21st year of teaching. I was hired at Lincoln Park Elementary School in September 1997 to begin my teaching career. I started out as a teacher assistant in the preschool disabilities classroom and after a year and a half, I was hired as a kindergarten teacher. After spending a year and a half in kindergarten, I moved on to first grade in 2000. I taught first grade for 11 years and in 2011, I moved to fourth grade and have remained. I am very excited to be teaching fourth grade again this year!
The best way to contact me is by emailing me, as I check my email multiple times a day, or by sending in a note with your child. I am looking forward to a great year!
I enjoy teaching children and my greatest satisfaction is seeing students succeed and watching them develop a love of learning.
- Junitata College: Bachelor of Arts, Early Childhood & Elementary Education
- Felician College: Special Education Certification
- Felician College: Masters Degree in Supervision
New Jersey Teaching Experience: 19+ Years:
- Lincoln Park Elementary School: Kindergarten, First Grade, and Fourth Grades
Honors, Awards, and Recognition:
- Best Practices Award 2005
- Teacher of the Year 2010
- 15 Years of Service in the Lincoln Park School District
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." --Albert Einstein
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." --Martha Washington