Here are some tips for safe technology use:
We have encountered several issues while exchanging and repairing Student devices. Please keep these things in mind while using your school-issued devices.
- Please do not eat or drink while using the device. Crumbs, liquids and sticky substances are bad for computers.
- Do not pick up or carry your device by the screen. Always hold it by the main keyboard part.
- Do not remove any part of the case.
- Do not put any labels or stickers on the device or case.
- Do not remove any stickers or labels from the device.
- When carrying or moving the device unplug any accessories such as the headphones or power supply.
- Please only use the charger that came with the computer. We can not guarantee that any other chargers will work properly, and they may even damage the machine. If you have an issue with the school supplied charger please put in a Tech request.
Following these directions will help make sure your device works well and lasts longer. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you for your cooperation.
These are tips to help troubleshoot issues in the classrooms:
Desktop PC - LPMS
Desktop PC - LPES
If you need help, please click on one of these:
LPMS Tech Support Request
LPES Tech Support Request
NJAET Big Book of Technology Newsletter
TED: 10 Time-saving Tips
Great tips for any Apple product: OSX Daily
Learn to use your iPad thoroughly: ipadacademy