Top 5 Reasons Writing is Important for Kids
(According to NBC News Education Nation)
1. Writing builds confidence in a child's sense of his/herself and his/her voice.
2. Writing helps kids create and strengthen their identities.
3. Writing fosters a child's emotional growth and gives him/her coping skills to deal with life's many highs and lows.
4. Writing helps kids develop critical thinking skills - it helps them understand and communicate complicated ideas.
5. Writing leads to guaranteed improvement in academic achievement.