5th Grade Wax Museum
- Biography/Autobiography books must be selected and approved by Wednesday, May 8
- Reading and completed “Biography Outline” must be turned in by Wednesday, May 22
- White (or Solid Color) Foam Poster Board (approximately 22 x 28) must be purchased and used for display (TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME) Completed posters must be brought to school on or before Friday, May 31
- Each student is responsible for his/her own decorating supplies. This may include, but is not limited to the following: colored photographs, markers, stickers, duct tape, stencils, glitter glue, or anything else to enhance the quality of your poster.
- Each student will write a one-two minute speech (first person point of view) telling the MOST IMPORTANT details about their person. It will then need to be memorized by the day of the Wax Museum. On that day, you will perform the speech dressed as your character (Friday, June 7).
- Project Rubric: (Double Grade)
- Biography Outline 25 points
- Costume 20 points
- Memorization of Speech 20 points
- Decorated Poster 25 points
- Meeting deadlines outlined above 10 points
Date of Wax Museum: Friday, June 7
Location of Wax Museum: Lincoln Park Middle School APR
All Parents, Guardians, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc. are
Invited to Join Us!
**See Handout for Example**
- Biography name should stand out!
- Your name should be smaller in size.
- Minimum of 2 pictures must be added.
- A colorful border may also be added.
- Drawings and additions must be related to the topic.
- The created poster should be held vertically (for set up purposes).