Ch. 10 The Jefferson Era Files & Links
- #1 The Election of 1800: Map Study Questions (Page 269) (the election of 1800-0.docx)
Open this document to get the questions for the map in your textbook on page 269 called, Election of 1800
- 3. Thomas Jefferson: Childhood
- 4a. Jefferson's Home at Monticello
- 4b. Questions for A Day in the Life of Thomas Jefferson Web Quest (questions for web quest a day in the life of thomas jefferson.docx)
Take out your notebook. Label notes with name, date, class and assignment called Jefferson Home at Monticello WebQuest. Use web site to learn about Jefferson and his famous home.
- 4c. A Day in the Life of Thomas Jefferson
Go through the Jefferson Web Quest while looking at the link on Jefferson's home at Monticello
- Extra Help
- #4. Timeline on Thomas Jefferson
Please put the following in your notes section in your Social Studies Notebook. Label it Thomas Jefferson.
1. What did Jefferson inherit in 1774?
2. How many children did Jefferson have? What else can you tell about his children?
3. Did Jefferson experience any other tragedies?
4.The timeline says 1794 and 1796 that Jefferson manumitted slave Robert Hemming what does manumitted mean? Look on an on-line dictionary.
5. Look through the public part of the timeline and pick Jefferson's most important accomplishment in your opinion.
6.Look through Jefferson's private section of the timeline. What stands out to you most about his private life?
- #5. Map of Mississippi River etc.
See if you can find the Mississippi River on this map and the Appalachian Mountains.
- #6. Map of Louisiana Purchase
At first this chunk of land was just a territory. Eventually this territory would become all of the states of Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Iowa were in the territory known as the Louisiana Purchase and parts of Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Mississippi Alabama, Kansas, and Minnesota were in the land purchase known as the Louisiana Purchase.
- 6.Map to help you fill area of Louisiana Purchase
See what present day states made up the Louisiana Purchase. Add abbreviations and shade in YELLOW
- #7 Louisiana Purchase Slide Show (the louisiana purchase-1.ppt)
- #8 Lewis & Clark: Exploring the Louisiana Purchase
Use this link to find out what equipment that Lewis and Clark brought with them on thier journey to explore the Louisiana Purchase, and what types of skills and training they had to help them complete their mission.
- #8. Look here for question #6
- 9. Map of Lewis & Clark's expedition
- 9. US Map
- 9. Map of Lewis and Clark Trail
- 9. Map of Lewis and Clark