1. *Write a short story using at least 10 of your vocabulary words. Please underline or highlights the word you used.
2. Write all of the list words three times each
3. ** Write your words in sentences of at least 7 words long (Only one word per sentence)
4. Create a word search of your vocabulary words using graph paper or www.puzzlemaker.com. Have someone at home solve it.
5. **Write short definitions for each word. Use a dictionary or online tool to help.
6. Alphabetize your words for the week.
7. **Write silly sentences for 12 od your words. Your sentences must make sentences must silly sense even if they sound silly.
Ex: visit: Vincent is still interviewing tigers.
8.** Choose 12 words to use as a part of figure of speech, like simile, metaphor or personification.
Ex: Simile------ He is a busy as a bee (busy)
Metaphor---Computers are vehicles of tomorrow (vehicle)
Personification----Wins whisper to me as the storm rolls in. (whisper)
9. On a piece of paper, divide it into 4 parts. Write
Week 1 Words: Chapters 1-4
lanky, sabtoge, Nazi, neighborhood, exasperated, Copehagen, scurried, resistance fighter, sarcastically, scoffed, exaggerating, anxiously, intricate, swatika, belligerently, recognized, halte, trousseau, rationed, synagogue
Week 2: Chapters 5-8
dramatically, embriodered, tentatively, meadow, exist, holster, Star of David, pranced, relocate, pleasure, desperately, clutched, apparently, personalities, scampering, photograph, suspicious, surrounded, casket, twinkling
Week 3: Chapters 9-13
rhythm, expression, staccato, psalm, despite, adjusting, reluctantly, explanation, pleading, murmur, affectionately, elderly, typhus, protruding, recognize, mourning, gasped, diseased, Godspeed, approach
Week 4: Chapters 14-end
garments, herring, gestured, anthem, deprivation, handkerchief, chattering, quavering, devastating, surrendered, brusque, exasperated, hesitated, executed, determination, tantalize, segment, courageous, rejoicing, sacrifices