What I Expect From My Students
- I expect my students to treat themselves and others with respect. This is not only a goal for my classroom, but a quality I hope the children will take with them throughout their lives.
- I expect my students to enter my room with a positive attitude and a willingness to try their best.
- I expect my students to practice responsibility. They are responsible for their own work in the classroom and at home. It is extremely important for a young learner to develop a sense of accountability for completing tasks that they have been assigned; only then will they realize what they are capable of and be able to push themselves to reach their full potential.
- I expect my students to be independent readers. Not all children love to read but we need to work together to find material that each child can connect to and enjoy. Encourage your child to read. Reading a comic book, newspaper, book, magazine, or computer programs are just some examples of materials you can read together. If your child sees that you care about reading, they will get excited to read!
- I expect my students to follow the classroom and school rules.