In order to save time on the first day of school, I’m asking for your assistance when organizing your child’s supplies. In past years, I’ve had to open many supplies, write children’s names, and organize items for each child. This tedious routine takes a significant amount of time away from our first meeting together. Thank you in advance for helping to make our first day run smoother by following these simple steps:
- After purchasing the below items, please open all supplies and write your child’s name on each item using a Sharpie marker.
- PLEASE SHARPEN ALL PENCILS.
- Please place: 2 pencils, 1 red pen, 1 eraser, 1 glue stick, scissors, 1 highlighter, & crayons in your child’s pencil box.
- Place remaining opened & labeled items (with your child’s name) in a gallon size zip-lock bag.
- Send all items to school on the first day. The extra supplies in the zip-lock bag will be stored in your child’s cubby to use throughout the year when his/her supplies run low.
- Please write your child’s name on his/her book bag, lunchbox, folders, notebooks, smock, etc. and send to school on the first day of school.
- If your child is buying lunch, please put his/her money in a small zip-lock bag with his/her name on it. If your child is buying lunch, you still need to send a snack and drink to school with him/her.
Thank you for your help and cooperation.
Second Grade Supply List
2019 - 2020
1 plastic utility/pencil box
2 plastic two-pocket folders
2 pink wedge erasers
1 box of tissues
12 glue sticks
1 bottle of Elmer's glue
2 dozen sharpened no. 2 pencils
1 box of colored pencils
1 box of 16-24 colored crayons (no larger, please)
3 red pens
3 marble composition notebooks
1 pair of scissors
4-pack Expo dry erase markers
1 black Sharpie marker
1 box of thin Crayola markers
1 smock (large old t-shirts work well)
1 set of head phones for i-Ready and computer lessons