What My Students Can Expect From Me
- The students can expect that I will create a classroom environment where they can feel comfortable and safe taking risks with their answers and responses, without the fear of being “wrong”. When a child feels afraid or embarrassed to make a mistake, he/she can not be active in his/her own learning.
- The students can expect that I will work hard to encourage, motivate, and inspire their desire to learn every day.
- The students can expect that I will do my best to instill the skills that will help them succeed inside and outside of the classroom. Qualities of respect, organization, responsibility, and honesty will be stressed. These qualities are as important as the academic material they will learn in 2nd grade.
- The students can expect that I will make myself available to listen to their “problem(s)”, and together we will find a solution.
- The students can expect that I will do my best to make learning fun and exciting!